The Michigan PTA invites all local PTA leaders and members interested in learning more about legislative affairs and advocacy to join us for an educational program on Saturday, March 20th, 2021. This program will give PTA leaders the information and tools to educate their members about advocacy and how to participate in being a voice for your community and children for education.
Every Child. One Voice
• Introduction to all the tools available from National PTA for your use
• Update on Federal and Michigan education activities and current legislative issues.
• How does money get to our school districts, and what can we do about it
• What tools are available to you from Michigan PTA that improve communication and information
• Introduction to Michigan PTA Advocacy Outreach Day on March 24th, 2021, and how your local PTA can be involved. During the conference registration, there is a question asking if you want to be a volunteer for the Outreach Day on March 24th.
Questions contact Marcy Dwyer, Michigan PTA VP Child Advocacy, by text or phone at 313.337.4900. Email email@example.com
This year because of COVID-19, we will not be having a live day at our state capitol in Lansing, Michigan. We ask all local PTAs across the state to do direct contact with the State Representative and State Senator and set up a virtual meeting with their legislator to speak to their PTA members on education topics. The Michigan PTA has a zoom account that we will set up for PTAs to use for free if their local legislator office does not have a virtual meeting method. We will provide a step-by-step worksheet for setting up these meetings and talking points for the conversation. Sign up to be a volunteer for your community when you sign up to attend the legislative conference on March 20th, 2021. The goal is that these virtual meetings start on March 24th, 2021, and are completed by March 31st, 2021; many schools have different spring breaks and schedules to work around. Questions contact Marcy Dwyer, Michigan PTA VP Child Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org